Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My first knitting project

This is my first completed knitting project. 

I can admit it was pretty ugly.  I made some mistakes that I had no idea how to fix so I just carried on.  My lovely daughter wanted a warm fuzzy caterpillar scarf to match her Invader Zim Gir hoodie so I obliged.  It never gets really cold here to warrant coats and mittens, we just make do with hoodies and scarves...and maybe a beanie hat.


I used a size 13 Boye Single Point Knitting Needles, I think I was drawn to them because they were pink and shiny...yeah I'm like that.
I used LionBrand Hometown USA in Electric Lime that I picked up at the big box store, and fringed it out in pink yarn that I had left from another craft.

Yes I know...bad bad me...support your local yarn store!  It was my first experience knitting so I didnt know better.  But I learn fast, and quickly found a world of fiber that I did not know existed.  Not that there is anything wrong with big box brands....there isn't...I just can't wear acrylic but we'll get to that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment