Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pearls and Purls

I recently received an email from Vogue Knitting showcasing the Fall 2012 30th Anniversary Issue, dedicated to Pearls...you know traditional the 30th Anniversay gift.  Can I just say wow.  For those who may think knitting is old fashioned or ugly have not experienced the beautiful creativity of todays designers both professional and amateur(Ravelry ).

Anyhoo, I saw the most beautiful sweater coat that I must make!!!  It's pretty, delicate, and just warm enough to hold back the air conditioned chill of an office or a movie theater anything else would be way too hot.  I can see it paired up nicely with a spaghetti tank top and jeans...gonna look purty on date night! 

Designer:  Brooke Nico
(insert picture)

I just love the lace work.  I can't wait to begin this pattern, I will probably make one in hot pink for me and a green one for my daughter.  I'll go thru my "lovelies" and "preciouses" in my next post.  Maybe have a poll to see what yarns you think would make this pattern shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment